Oakland Glee Vocal & Drama Summer Program for Performers Ages 8-11
This June 24-28th, 2019 at Oakland Glee Summer Program, each performer ages 8-11 learns vocal technique and drama skills to develop your voice and increase your performance confidence.
In our small group setting, limited to 12 students, Voice & Audition Coach Jessica Neighbor trains each vocalist, using her 20 years teaching experience, how to sing Pop, Musical Theater, and Motown Songs. The vocal skills you will gain at this summer intensive will help increase your singing ability and confidence on stage for your entire performance lifetime.
Our drama specialist and pianist, Lizzy Asarnow, teaches you daily drama improvisation skills that are delightful and crucial to learn collaboration skills. You will also learn a choreographed dance number to learn how to follow a professional dance routine.
Performers enjoy a daily homemade lunch and healthy snack included in our program and picnic daily in The Oakland Rose Garden next door to the vocal studio. When performers train in this intimate & intensive program, they accelerate their vocal abilities and feel more confident on AND off the stage at Oakland Glee Summer Program. Join at http://jessicaneighbor.com/group-classes/oakland-glee-performance-summer-camp/
Minimum Age 8
Maximum Age 11
Camp Dates June 24th-June 28th, 2019
Camp Cities Oakland, CA
Year Established 2012
Camp Capacity 12
Camp Length Mon- Friday, 9 am- 4 pm
Cost Per Week Early Bird until 2/15/19: $425, After 2/16/19: $475
Financial Aid Offered Yes
3758 Grand Ave.
Oakland, California 94610
Near The Oakland Rose Garden.
- Performers at Oakland Glee Performance Summer Camp will:
- Get private and small group vocal coaching from popular Voice Coach Jessica Neighbor in vocal technique and vocal performance skills.
- Learn Drama Improvisation skills with Instructor Lizzy Asarnow to learn to trust your instincts and work with an ensemble.
- Sing Pop Music and Musical Theater Repertoire and sing solos and group harmonies.
- Dance in a choreographed dance routine for our final showcase on Friday.
- Learn Microphone and Performance Skills to feel more confident onstage.
- Enjoy a daily homemade healthy picnic lunch & snack outside in the Oakland Rose Garden next to camp.
- Perform in our Friday Vocal and Drama Performance Showcase for friends and family!