The Crucible Youth Classes & Camps
Throughout the year, we offer weekend and after school classes, as well as weeklong camps during spring and summer for youth, ages 8-18, in the industrial arts. Give your child a creative experience—pouring molten metal, forging a steel hook, bending glass into an illuminated neon sign—there’s no place like The Crucible.
Youth ages 8-11 are welcome to come get creative including ceramics, electronics, and Mexican tin art, woodcarving, print making, and more.
At age 12, the majority of our fire arts departments become available—come learn to weld, blacksmith, pour molten metal, and more.
Once youth turn 14, they can start blowing glass in the Hot Shop, learning advanced TIG Welding skills, and using power tools in woodworking.
Our youth classes are offered in the following departments:
- Bike Shop
- Glass Blowing
- Glass Flameworking
- Glass Fusing & Slumping
- Glass Coldworking
- Kinetics & Electronics
Learn more about all of the different youth classes and camps at thecrucible.org/youth
Minimum Age 8
Maximum Age 18
Camp Dates 1 week of Spring Camps: March 30–April 3, 2020 6 weeklong camps during summer from: June 15–July 31, 2020
Camp Cities Oakland, CA
Camp Length Monday-Friday, half day and full day options available. 9am-12pm, 1-4pm, or 9am-4pm
Cost Per Week $275-$1350
Financial Aid Offered Yes
1260 7th Street
Only 2 blocks away from West Oakland BART
- Hands-on STEAM learning
- Non-competitive learning environment
- Age-appropriate levels of instruction
- Only place to learn 15 different industrial art mediums under one roof
- Award-winning instruction
- Something for everyone: Blacksmithing, Neon, Woodworking, Glass Blowing, Ceramics, Welding, Foundry, Jewelry, Enameling, Kinetics & Electronics, Leatherworking, Glass Flameworking, Glass Fusing & Slumping, Glass Coldworking, and the Bike Shop