Fiddleheads Nature Group
Fiddleheads is a fun and therapeutic group that provides social skills instruction and emotional support to neurodiverse groups of children in our vibrant Bay Area Regional Parks.
Our groups are warm, playful, and instructive. Our skilled counselors and clinicians foster deep nourishing connections with the children. Your child will form healing relationships with nature and make new friends, while absorbing social lessons and connecting more deeply to their senses.
Formed in 2010 to support children and their families, Fiddleheads is a holistic, heart-centered therapeutic approach to social and emotional learning. Taking the stigma out of therapy while providing clinical level support, Fiddleheads brings joy, nature, and the real-life experience of authentic relationships and presence to each individual to help them overcome challenges and navigate the process of growing up.
Inclusiveness and acceptance are foundational to Fiddleheads structure. Awareness and respect of neuro, cultural, racial, and economic diversity is at the essence of our approach.
Minimum Age 6
Maximum Age 10
Camp Dates Groups meet Monday–Friday, 9:30am–2:30pm Session 1: June 14–June 25 Session 2: June 28–July 9 NO GROUPS: July 12–16 Session 3: July 19–July 30 Session 4: August 2 – August 13
Camp Cities North Bay: Petaluma: Helen Putnam Regional Park South Bay: San Mateo: Laurelwood Park San Francisco San Francisco: Presidio East Bay: Berkeley: Tilden Park Oakland: Roberts Park Richmond: Wildcat Canyon
Year Established 2010
Camp Capacity 8
Cost Per Week $1750-$1050
Financial Aid Offered Yes
Oakland, California 94612
- Our nature immersion group is warm, playful, and instructive, fostering deep nourishing connections with nature and with each other. Developed to support the social and emotional growth of the children, Fiddleheads summer sessions integrate many activities that promote sensory integration and emotional regulation, and take full advantage of our beautiful regional parks.
- We keep our ratio small: one counselor per three children. We also cap our group size at 6 to 8 children so that each child feels seen and understood.
- We develop the flow of the day and structure of activities to meet the individual needs of the children in the group.
- We are careful not to over schedule the children. A harmony of excitement and relaxation is sought through a balanced flow of free play, adventure, story time, structured games, crafts, snack and circle times.
- We honor the natural rhythms of the child and the day; the in- and the out-breath.
- We incorporate mindfulness and movement activities into everything we do.
- We are happy to answer further questions. Simply fill out our contact form and we will call or email you to set a time to talk. Please know that our sessions do fill up so if you would like your child to join us this summer, contact us soon!