Phillips Brooks School
Phillips Brooks School is an independent, co-educational day school offering a truly child-centered learning program for preschool through 5th grade, located in Menlo Park – neighboring Stanford University.
- PBS is a diverse community of families and educators committed to partnering in support of student learning.
- We offer intimate student-to-teacher ratios, ensuring that each child is known and loved by their teachers.
- Our Early Learning Center program engages our youngest students in creative, play-based, hands-on projects to teach early literacy, math, and problem-solving skills.
- Our innovative, rigorous, and research-based K–5 program blends literacy and math curricula with deep, experiential learning in world languages, visual art, music, and STEM.
- PBS's unmatched Emotional Intelligence program, integrated throughout the curriculum, ensures that PBS students are set up for a lifetime of being eager learners and great people.
Our five promises:
- Live our compelling mission and core values every day
- Deliver a challenging and collaborative curriculum
- Hire and develop inspiring teachers whose expertise and growth mindsets ensure a high-quality classroom experience
- Embrace a child-centered philosophy; get to know and love each student
- Build authentic partnerships with families
By passionately pursuing core teaching beliefs that set us apart, we create the extraordinary every day at PBS. We guide children to cultivate their individual talents, explore, and dig deep while working and reflecting together. In the process, they discover their best selves – they flourish.
You can feel it the moment you step on campus: this is a place that’s open and vibrant, energized by students who are truly known by each adult and peer around them. Here you’ll find engaged children who are fulfilled as they probe meaningful interests and who are challenged as they apply academic and social learning strategies customized for their developmental trajectory. They emerge as skilled, independent thinkers and empowered community builders who thrive intellectually as well as socially. PBS students know how to be learners, how to relate to one another, and who they are.
Beginning Grade Taught Preschool
Final Grade Taught 5th Grade
Foreign Languages Taught Spanish
Religious Affiliation Independent
Year Established 1978
Number of Students 296
Student Teacher Ratio 11:1
Annual Tuition Price Range Preschool – $23,940 Pre-Kindergarten – $29,775 Kindergarten through 5th Grade – $36,090
Offers financial aid Yes
2245 Avy Avenue
Menlo Park, California 94025