Shu Ren International School derived its name from the Chinese proverb, “十年树木,百年树人 It will take 10 years to grow a tree, but a lifetime to cultivate a person’s potential.”
Shu Ren is committed to delivering an enriching and engaging environment that focuses on three critical components: Inquiry-based learning, multilingual and multicultural education, and development of the whole child, which we believe are essential to navigate an increasingly complex and ever-changing world.
Students are guided by teachers to actively discover their strengths, explore new concepts, develop strong practical and academic skills, and experience their lessons within and outside of the traditional classroom environment. Our highly experienced teachers bring a wealth of knowledge, passion, traditions, and practices that inspire children to take part in their own learning.
Our students are not just high academic achievers, they are active participants in a complex and rich world of international culture and communication; they ask important questions, perform research, and present their findings in Chinese and English.
Shu Ren…The Importance of Cultural Fitness
Shu Ren’s vision is committed to empowering students to become internationally-minded critical thinkers and lifelong learners. Through our engaging, inquiry-based environment students reach their full academic potential and become caring, multilingual, and culturally literate global citizens.
• We believe that integrity and responsibility are the most important qualities of an individual
• We support the development of the whole child, emphasizing physical and emotional health along with academics
• We value knowledge, creativity, independent thinking, and a strong work ethic
• We strive to be open-minded, curious, compassionate, and informed about all cultures in the world
• We encourage our students to work with diverse points of view
• We value family and community, and believe one’s behavior affects others in the world
• We enable our students to reflect on their learning experiences and take actions which will benefit themselves and both local and global communities