Do you have a child in grades 2-8 with learning differences and school anxiety? While you’ve been sheltering in place, have you noticed some things about your child’s learning style you weren’t aware of before? If you answered yes to any of these questions, Sand Hill School may be a fit. We know that families right now are simply worn out with worry about school, COVID, work, parenting and teaching at home, especially for children who learn differently. As Head of School at Sand Hill, I can honestly say that we have created a best-in-class distance learning model: personalized, interactive, supportive and structured. Our innovative approach ensures students are supported academically, physically, creatively, socially and emotionally, even from afar.
School this year starts with our distance learning model with a hybrid program ready to go when it is safe and legal. When that time comes, families have the option to continue with distance learning or participate in the hybrid program. All distance learning features will continue in the hybrid model so that the transition back to campus is simple and safe.
• Small cohorts for reading, writing and math (2-6 students)
• Small cohorts for social emotional well-being
• Group meetings and individual check-ins
• All needed support services (occupational therapy, speech and language, counseling, behavior support, literacy specialist) conducted directly with the student and the specialist.
• Visual Arts and PE every week
• Personalized support for reluctant learners
Please reach out to us if you are interested in learning more about whether your child is a fit for this wonderful school. We’d love to speak with you.
Chris Harris, MEd
Chief Schools Officer and Head of Sand Hill School